Monday, January 28, 2008

Sunday take one

While I make a last minute attempt at writing the sunday night coorespondence, I casually glance over at my bike. I wish that someone would clean that thing! It is amazing what accumulates on a bike after 4 hours. I started a long day by going over to Lindsey's house for some breakfast. I met Lindsey, Bob, Andy, and Nic for Coffee, Cinnimon rolls, salmon/bell pepper scramble, fruit, homemade granola, and yogurt this morning. If you couldn't guess, that girl know how to do breakfast! It was great to connect with everyone, and see how their winter seclusion was going.

"One roadie and four triathlete do breakfast." would have been the headline in Omaha. Luckily there is no anomosity between these two unique animals(in omaha). My plan was to roll out of town in the group, and following a warmup, get my zone 2 work in. This worked out perfect because everyone else was riding different lengths(2-4.5hrs) so it allowed for the group to break up and people to do their own thing. Whether it be for five minutes or five hours, riding with company after bat cave type winter seclusion is always a plus.

note: I would like to get a large weekly ride( ~4 hours) going at this early part of the season. I talked to a friend in Des Moines the other day and he sad that this is how their wednesday ride goes. No racing, just riding. I told him I did not know that such a thing existed. We will see how it works. Perhaps next Sunday (weather permitting), we can do my place for the caffeine and pancakes, and then a nice group ride?

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Thanks for the breakfast plug- that's why I left the nuts out of the granola, simply as a ploy to get some press.

So, posted at 6:08 AM on a Monday? Not good. It sounds like you are still sleeping about as well as I am. Bummer. Time to get out the toothbrush and bleach...

Matthew Pavlovich said...

No, sleep has been great, my computers clock is messed up. Every time I bot my mac up in windows, the time gets reset, so it is never correct.