Monday, January 14, 2008

The Rider

My day started by waking up late and drinking ~2000mg of caffeine. Typical Sundays - I start with breakfast, then I coffee up, and then I go on the bike. Instead of immediately getting on the bike, I decided to finish a book that Landen let me borrow, The Rider. I could not put this book down. In fact, I read 30 pages during my ride.

The Rider, by Tim Krabbe is a book that chronicles an ameatur European road racer during a 150 km race. My tolerance for reading is at an all time low (what with d-school). Somehow, I finished it in ~ 4 hours. It is a great read. Highly recommended.

After my ride and a two hour nap, I watched the national wrestling duals. One area of note was the nistalgia throwback videos in between semis and finals session. More specifically, Dan Gables 70’s hairdo and mustache in said videos.

It is great to see the Iowa Wrestling team solid after all these years(of being mediocre).

And remember, with great mustache, come great responsibility. ~ Peter Griffen “Family Guy” 2008.

1 comment:

the mostly reverend said...

i read the rider a few years back--funny stuff, but a nice thing to have out there. i won't critique his riding or writing, but it's worth a read if you can find a copy.
then share it.