Thursday, January 24, 2008

Not-Cycling




For the sake of writing about something non-cycling related, I turn my attention to my too other favorite things; beer and coffee.
I am an avid consumer of both these two liquids; both are delicious in their own way.

I have scaled back my beer consumption(much to my dismay) for racing and athletic related fitness, but on monday I had a delicious new beer, Maudite.
This beer is was a great find for me, with it perks being its taste, quality, and 8% alcohol. Cost benifit would say this beer is a great buy. We call that "dos para uno."

In the land of coffee, I have been an Zanzibar drinker for some time. On a recent trip to costco, I purchased a duffle bag full of Dunkin Donuts coffee to see what the kids are talking about. Pretty good, but I have yet to find Joe that tops 27th and Ingersoll.

If anyone was wondering about the picture, that is the label for Maudite beer. As legend would have it, five canadian lumberjacks sold their souls to satin to get home for christmas eve. He transported them in a canoe.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

hmm... so I guess that this means that Satan rides a canoe... I just always thought he would drive a motorcycle like the Joker, or maybe one of those pimped Honda civics from 2 Fast 2 Furious, or even one of those huge monster trucks on the road will all of the wheels, chrome, and Nascar stickers, but not a canoe. Well, maybe only Canadian Satan rides in a canoe.