Monday, January 28, 2008

Monday

The close call for today was not five seconds after I stepped of my bike following my ride... rain. Like every other cyclist in Nebraska, I took advantage of the 55 degree weather by riding outside. The roads were great, and it was nice to get reacquainted with the local truck driving blowhards. As previously stated, I am at the end of a training block so today is a recovery week. It would have been nice to ride for 3-4 hours, but my idea is when you ride, you ride lots and when you rest you rest lots. I finished my recovery ride and as luck would have it, it started to rain immediately after I returned from my ride. Moral of the story - stick to the plan and you don't get wet.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I thought that you were going to say that the close call was when you decided to sneak up to the passenger window of an unsuspecting girl in a black Nissan with WI plates...

Glad you had a good ride and made it home just in time.

cold + rain = not fun anymore.

jamesb said...

Pav...I agree with your predictions about our Kaos Masters riders, they are going to kill it. John Von was hitting the cross season hard this past fall, and I know he has kept it up this winter using the UNL rec center over lunch.

I am impressed you got in 17 hour weeks on the bike. Good job. My best weeks ever were 14, typically 10 is par for the course (even if I plan 14). I am back to riding a trainer in the bat cave at 5 a.m. Ahh, the trials and tribulations of a stay at home dad.

I figure I'm not the first one to run into such challenges.

bryan said...

I didn't ride on Monday. I suck. And Vondracek and Rogers will probably rip the legs off anybody getting in their way. I hope to just bruise people who get in my way.