Friday, January 25, 2008

In the news: Ragbrai


In recent global happenings, the Registrars annual great bike ride across Iowa's 2008 route has been announced. The overnight stops include Missouri Valley, Harlan, Jefferson, Ames, Tama, North Liberty, TIpton, and LeClere. With only 177 days until the start of this bike festival, coupled with sever cabin fever due to this year blistering cold, riders are already getting ancy over the announcement.

As a three time ragbrai veteran, Kristin Pavlovich was so elated by the announcement, she texted every cycling enthusiast she knew with the route...Leading to a monster cellular phone bill and an angry mother. When asked to comment regarding the enormous bill Kristin incurred,Kristin stated "Listen Matt, I just wanted to help the economy. I think Premier Bush has a good idea with the tax rebate. I am just doing what I can to help out with the recession. I spent some money today, and will spent my tax rebate on a new saddle and sunscreen."

Local cycling historian, Kim West was unavaliable for comment regarding this years route. West was on sebatical from the orphanage awarding area legend, GPickle with the coveted gravel road award, the Cup o' Dirt. Kenny Vegas was also not available to comment on the upcoming event.

When Matt Pavlovich was driving to Dental School on thursday in Omaha, NE, we noticed his Iowa "native" bumpersticker and flagged him to the side of the road for an interview. When asked about this years RAGBRAI, Pavlovich's response was unique. "Let's put it this way, most people speak of fitness in terms of watts and kilos, I talk about fitness in term of RAGBRAI's. The more base RAGBRAI's you have under your belt, the better your cycling progression will be. Look at Lance, he got one RAGBRAI under his legs and he was able to parlay that fitness into a 2:45 marathon. This will be a great year. I haven't done a RAGBRAI since 2005. I am including some specific training for this year, like pulling for 10 or 20 miles, and costume laden indoor trainer rides for the Turkey cook."

All and all, this RAGBRAI will be one for the books, folks. Enjoy and be well.

The Managment

5 comments:

jamesb said...

Was that pic taken for your banner at Velotec prologue? Just a hunch.

Matthew Pavlovich said...

Have no idea what you are talking about. I have never done velotec...

bryan said...

I was going to do the whole thing until I found out Mr. Pork Chop retired. No Mr. Pork Chop, no me in North Liberty.

Matthew Pavlovich said...

Every year, my parents get a half hog. Perhaps we could come to an agreement...

Unknown said...

i only texted 5 people. i am infact immature, pompass
+ elitist. that might have something to do with it.