Friday, February 22, 2008

Week in review



Above is Landen and Kim. Their speed makes me feel like a Cat 5 when I ride with them. Wish both of them a great season!



Above is my sister, apparently inspecting for blemished etc. Have fun in Colorado!



Above is a picture of my friend, vegas. He just shattered his wrist, so I have been told. Get well.

Enough of that. Now, this week has been the best in recent memory, with the TOC, friends stopping in, riding, and the prospect of nice weather this weekend.

First off, I have been sleeping great in the igloo called my apartment because of the invention know as the heated blanket. I had a heated blanket on loan from Lindsey, but it was more of a 2, and I needed an 11. Last week in Des Moines, my mom bought me the best gift ever. I heated blanket that crisps the skin if left on too long. Thanks mom!

Landen and Lindsey have been coming over to ride/watch the TOC that I tevo following work/school. I has been great to get some new cycling on TV. And the race is exciting. My dark horse for the TT victory today would have to be... Christian Vande Velde. I would think that Tom Zirbel, Jason McCartney, and BJM will ride a good time, they all did top 10 last year.

On wednesday, I got a call from Ian. "Pav, big favour". The favour was to let him and his dad sleep at my house that night. It was supposed to be a 10:30 ETA, ended up being a 12:30 ETA. Whatever the case, it was good to see Ian and Bob and get the update about Bob, his running, Eugene, his staph infected foot, and his daughter Erin's race walking.

Thursday was the day for me to take Kristin, Kim, Maria, Kelli, and KK to the airport. They drove in from Des Moines and were flying to Denver to get some skiing in this week. The picked me up, we got Noodles and Company, and enjoyed each others company until I took them to the Omaha airport. After we had finished our meal, a Noodles worker came by with pesto/ckicken pasta dish. "Is this yours," she said. "No, but I'll eat it if you are going to just throw it away," I rationed. 5 minutes elapse time, and she came back with the pasta dish for me to devour. Free meals... nice.

Weekend plans include watching to TOC, riding outside with Landen, and going to Marks secret birthday party... whoops. Not so secret anymore.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

good work with the photos in the post! Very nice accompaniment to the text.

the mostly reverend said...

i love the fore-shortened effect of the photo of the three of us: we look like the next three participants in the dwarf-tossing contest at the local coffee shop.

"heave-ho, tough guy."

speaking of tough guy, did ya notice who won that nice litte pro-killer stage the other day [thursday] in cally? some tough canuck with so many tough guy points in his cycling bank account he could buy and sell warren buffet on a tuesday.

what have i been saying about tough guy points, huh? that's right. mmm hmm.
next question? no more?
good, go ride your bikes, sissies.

i agree, your posts are looking much better. hope the numbers continue to drive upward. i'll try to divert missouri triguy stalker dude to you.

Unknown said...

who authorized the use of that photo? you punk bastard. thanks for the ride from the airport... and making fun of my face.