Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Rope-A-Dope




Many sports fan remember the rope-a-dope to be a specific pugilistic style where Mohommad Ali bested George Forman in their famous fight in South Africa. Well, the rope-a-dope I am talking about has nothing to do with boxing and more to do with the temperature change we have seen on our spring break.

Lindsey and I left the greater Omaha area Saturday morning being ushered out with 50 degree weather. The more westward we drove the higher the temperature rose. 50..63..69..78... In Ogala, NE the temperature climbed to 81. Crazy. We arrived in Boulder Saturday night and were quickly greated by Maria, Dave, KK, and Kelli. After offerings of food and drink, we went to bed fully expecting to ride outdoors with more warm weather. Bam! Rope-a-dope. I quickly woke and walked down stairs to hear Maria confirm,"Well, the weren't wrong about the weather." It had dropped 50 degrees, snowed 3 inches, and hit us off guard with a large left hook.

Now we are trying to decide which corse of action we need to take... Ride indoors, X/C ski or a combination plate of the two following.

6 comments:

bryan said...

We had a rope-a-dope on Sunday morning. Pre 11 a.m.: sunny, gently breeze from the SSW, warmish (45-50). Post 11 a.m.: dark, windy as all get the fook out and 15 degrees colder. Sweet.

Sport said...

Rope-a-dope. You've got to see this to believe it.

http://www.jumpsnap.com/index.html

Anonymous said...

hello fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking for the sake of that exact model. The prices due to the fact that the shoes are about 170 bucks everwhere. But completely I bring about this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order them. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

hi everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking allowing for regarding that exact make. The prices as regards the velcros are around 300 bucks on every site. But finally I base this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I really like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase those. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

hi there fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I have been searching allowing for regarding that particular brand. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers are about 230 bucks everwhere. But completely I base this area selling them someone is concerned half price. I really love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order them. what is your opinion?