Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Small world

I finally got home from bend, slept 12 hours to erase car ride fatigue, and then the obvious thing to do sunday afternoon was go riding. I went up to ft calhoun, around, and back. On the way back, I happened upon a rider. He was riding along on a green 1990's giant, cold weather parka, and cloths pins attached to his pants.

Instead of rolling along, I decided to see what he was up too. I later found out that he was training for a century ride. He was planning to ride to York, NE to help his best friend set up a new bathroom. Upon later inquiry, I found out that he was originally from argentina. In So. America, cloths pins aid commuter businessmen to keep their pants clean from the drive-side bracket. I wish I lived in Argentina. He said he had been out for 5 hour on sunday. That trumps my 3.5 hrs.

Third random fact, he went to grace university and roomed with my neighbor from Charles City, Nathan Kooyman.

Funny what you learn when you slow down and talk to someone who is enjoying the road with you. John Wright, it was nice to meet you

No comments: