Sunday, December 9, 2007

Not much is happening in my world, just bike, eat, nap, eat, sleep, teeth. You know the drill. This morning, I hosted the second weekend of indoor training at the fast factory. Marco, Landen, and Mr. Rogers showed up. I am trying to get the numbers up for the ride, but lindsey was sick, haven't heard from Mary Ann, and Spence dropped of the planet. Hosting trainer rides is a win-win-win situation. You don't have to heat your house (temperature goes up 10 degrees in 4 hours), Someone always brings over bagels and cream cheese. And the leftovers are my breakfast the rest of the week.

On another note, lets talk riding. I have had a lot of people asking me how my riding has been going. Their interest runs the gambit of from happiness to concern. They either don't think I should be riding this much, or are uncomfortable that they are not (riding enough). It is interesting that when someone is riding a lot/doing their damnedest to get better, that person stands out. People don't like it that you are riding 20 hour weeks. It makes them uncomfortable. Here are some answers to your questions
1 Yes, I am riding a lot.
2. Yes, I am Ok with that.
3. No, I am not training to peak for a race in Feburary
4. No, I am not going to get hurt, overtrain, or burn out.

To go into a little more detail about the fourth answer, one must understand, that I am not riding hard. I am getting very quality rides in at zone 1 and zone 2 (and one a week in zone 3 right now). This is what we in the business call developing fitness. If one checks the annuls of the sport, one would find that this has been a common practice for many years. You don't have to get fat, stop riding, or cross train in the winter. You can instead, get fast. I just finished up my last three classes (every) and now I have the time to do the following: ride, nap, ride, sleep.

One final note, thanks to all of you that were concerned with my safety this week. I appreciate your calls. Luckily, I was filling cavities and note at the mall.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Fact: When you are training, someone else is not. When you race him, you will beat him. Simple enough. Good work in getting in the numbers.