Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas, or whatever card


Dear Readers,

While gathering mail today, I happened upon a letter from my parents. I soon found out that the contents of said letter was not in fact money like I hoped. In it’s stead, was the obligatory Christmas letter sent to friends, family, and whomever my parents have not shaken along the way. With letter held firm in one hand and pint glass of margarita in the other, I scanned the letter to find festive trim, family photo, and fascinating paragraph that attempted to sum up my entire year. At that point, I decided to become momentarily motivated to write a Christmas letter describing, in detail, the grandeur that is my life, or all that my parents had forgotten to scribe. And that folks, is what you are getting, a
Christmas letter. Or all that I can manage to write until the synergy of an afternoon’s coffee and red bull has worn off.

As it has consumed my life, dental school is the most logical place to start this letter. Creighton University School of Dentistry to be precise. Yes. As most of you know, this is my last year…hopefully. With the necktie wielding, crew cut wearing ex-military fascist juggernaut (operative dentistry department) micromanaging my every move; I will be very lucky to get out of this hellhole. Don’t be alarmed. I think the military is great. And the dentistry they provide for their troops is top notch… For the 18th century. I very much hope that none or know or are members of the faculty at Creighton.

As my parents expanded on, I was in Oregon. I am on the job hunt. I am 0/15. That is a good percentage…right? There is just something about not having to pump your own gas that has got me hooked on that state. Let me know if any of your dentists are going blind, loosing dexterity, or are dead/dying/committing suicide. Thanks for helping me in the job hunt.

Relationships and dating have been great. Oh, wait that must have been someone else. Always promising leads, stating out like and indie romance and inevitably, end ding like a slasher film. No matter. With my track record, it is probably better to be alone then to be next week’s topic on CSI “Wherever”.

Biking has been going great. I took some down time at the end of the season (starting in April and ending in August) to recuperate. I have since been getting in very quality training since October. With the frigid Nebraska winters, we are forced to ride inside. For three weeks, I have been hosting indoor training rides at my house. This has been a great time. When you let people use your house to bike, they repay you in a weeks worth of bagels. I haven’t bought breakfast food in weeks!

For those of you that are cyclist, I logged 150+ hours since October (to December 7). For those of you that know nothing about cycling, I have been riding ‘lots.
My goals races for the season are Lincoln Plating Stage race, Mount Hood Cycling classic, and Pursuit Track Nationals.

This concludes my Christmas, or Chanukah, or holiday, or glad-having letter. Whichever you prefer. I look to hear from all of you, and if I don’t I will assume that you have since given up on technology and have moved into a cabin north of Bend, Oregon…my future home.

Ciao,

Pav

Post script. If you know of any of my acquaintance that would like the update, like a laugh, or like their money, please direct them to my letter.

No comments: