Friday, November 23, 2007

Turkey day - the aftermath

I survive the week riding, visiting my family, and napping in Charles...Del Cedre and have since migrated south to warmer weather...Iowa City to be specific.
I am at a lovely establishment called the Java House waiting for our dear old friend Rev. Dr. Kim West, proprietor of theorphanageandyou.blogspot.com
I have no idea what the night has in store, however, I do know what treasure this weekend holds - Jingle Cross and 9 hours of biking and a coffee bus.

I you do not know the legend that is the coffee bus, pull up a chair, some hot cocoa and listen, children.
Since it's inception circa 2005, the coffee bus has helped countless tired and wiry souls ward off fatigue, cold, drowsiness, and the like at sporting events, statewide cycling tours, and Kim's backyard.
No doubt a legend in its own time, the coffee bus will make the trek across the state to serve and protect our taste buds.

Weekend predictions:
Men's 3/4 - Nolan Froese kid has and engine and is only 18. Problem may be handling. He said it himself... he handles a bike like a recking ball . Troy Krause top 3 both days. I hear he is pretty good at cycle cross.
Men's 1/2 - David Wells national champ 2005, Steve Tilford day 2.
Women - Sydney Brown She is pretty fast. I've race her in 1,2,3 combined field and was surprised how long she hung in there.

1 comment:

the mostly reverend said...

it was what it was: fun, tiring, and wearisome. lots of stories. great racing, great and crazy fans. you HAVE to be there to understand. insane shit.
next year, folks--be there!