Sunday, November 18, 2007

Fact - High desert = rain all the time

So, the last two days in bend have been great. Except the rain. All of it.

Saturday
I awoke from a 10 hour sleep (kristin slept 12) and went on a ride. I stopped for some quick coffee and a piece of pumpkin cream cheese bread, and then low and behold, a flat. Flat number one of three to be exact(one the weekend). Got that repaired and I was off to Phil's trail. Apparently, there is fifty different trails in Phil's trail system alone. Nice. I did a couple of different numbered trails with some great climbing, and then the rain started to pick up. It wasn't that bothersome, since there was tree cover throughout the trail system. I went back into town, and picked up Kristin and we went back up to the trail system. 4 hour total, freezing rain the whole time. I saw some old lady skate skiing. She seemed happy to be out. Tricking herself, perhaps. We crossed paths twice, and on the second passing, she said "hadn't had enough, huh? I said I didn't know any better. I am from Iowa.

We went out to eat that afternoon, at the Deschutes brew pub. I had fish and chip, kristin a salad.. typical on both ends. We also check the Deschutes Beers of the list. We had 6 four ounce samples of some different beers. Jubleale, mirror pond, and The stout were the best. That night, I took Kristin out for here birthday at a resturant called Cork. It was good, we had a bottle of Pinot Noir from the Willamette Valley. The food was delicious. I had pistacio? crusted canadian sea bass. Not as good as the fish and chips from Deschutes, though.

No comments: