Wednesday, November 7, 2007

tough guy points


Typically, cyclist throw the word epic around...a lot.
In fact, John Lefler(at lincoln plating this year) used the word 7 times in one sentence.
In my short time as a cyclist, I have maybe only been on one such ride, and it was on my first ragbrai.
you can decide

It was the forth day of ragbrai three years ago.
For some reason it was 30 degrees in the summer.
don't ask me how.
We bought some coffee from the coffee bus
and dave baxter wanted to go on the century loop.
I thought, why not, it will make me look tough.

We proceeded to the start of the century loop
and dave showed me how to take a "pull"
when riding in a group. We averaged 34mph
on the way out.
Stiff tailwind? yep.

then we took a wrong turn that
took us extra 8 miles
funny Dave
108 mile, 5:26 hrs later
we were back.
I don't even remember how many pork sandwiches I at after that

Oh, If you really think you earned some tough guy points today
look at the above picture
In the lead up to the 2000 olympic games
V. Ekimov Road 38,000 kilometers or 23,700 miles or 475 miles a week
or 80 miles a day...In russia.
He may have had one or two epic rides.

1 comment:

the mostly reverend said...

hey! you've been posting!
a ragby century with dave can qualify as epic.
i'll have to ask dbax.
nice to get the coffeebus mention.
see you at lincoln cross next weekend?
the coffeebus will be there.