Thursday, November 15, 2007

Bend - Day 1

Rented mountain bikes and road the Deschutes River trail. A 9 mile out and back with some great climbing. It was 50 and sunny when we started and than began to rain. Luckily, the tree cover protected us from ANY of the rain.

My sister, Kristin and I then went to dinner with my friend Gina. We went to a med/lebanese resturant called KABABA. this was my second visit. It is owned by a man named Eric. He is originally from lincoln and is brother in law to one Kevin Wilkins (team Kaos). The hummus, pita, chicken kabab, rice, and salad were all great.

The plan tomorrow, meet and hand out CV to every dentist in bend. Next ride, four hour ride, Phil's trail. Possible one, maybe two mirror pond pale ales following ride.

PS don't try to check Vita shade guide or dental butane torch through carry-on. The do not think that is funny.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Glad that you are having fun in Bend! I wont even ask why were you taking a Vita shade guide on the airplaine for. The torch I understand, but a shade guide? Very funny.