Monday, November 26, 2007

Jingle Cross weekend

The second half of my vacation was spent in Iowa City, biking and enjoying the Jingle Cross Rock

I have never seen a cross race, so I was excited to see what all the kids were talking about. Knowing what I do know, Jingle Cross may be the best race in Iowa, trumping even snake ally.

On Saturday, Kim West, My sister, and I woke up, had some breakfast, and a run of bad luck with Kim's hot water heater. Apparently, the water that he put in the night before had all boiled off, and as a result, blew the fuse on the heater. This lead to all sorts of confusion, and two hour later, 6 phone calls to Julie(part owner of coffee bus) the problem was solved...with a reset switch.

It was chilly so Kim, being the good friend that he is, decided that it would be best if he(and his bus) take the brunt of wind. He motor paced me out to the fairground with his VW. However, there was a dilemma. I need to ride 4 1/2 hour and would also like very much to watch the races. Solution, spend the rest of the ride Kim's training. People though a number of things, but mostly that I was some elite race that just needed a really long time warming up for the elite. race.

Speaking of races, Troy Krause won the first day in the 3/4 race. I have race with Troy quite a bit. Once he had the hole shot, things were over. He has good 'cross skills and can motor. Plus, he had a beard. This made his approach to racing a triple threat. Congrats troy.

No comments: