Friday, September 19, 2008

Pro baseball

I attended a Tampa Bay Devil Rays game last night. It was high scoring, packed with home runs, and great... until the rays lost.
I thought I was attending the game and watching the future World Series champions. One the up side I got the drink Nascar beers with my cousin Chris and his friends.

Note: this was only the fourth pro game I have ever attended. Below is a chronicle of my Lifetime attendance. Dad please correct me if my dates are skewed.

1. 1989 Chicago Cubs. Ryan Sanburg blast gshr to win game. We left early.
2. 1990 Twins - no recorded memory of game. Must have sucked.
3. 1996 M's and Baltimore - game was called due to rain. Griffey had ~30 home runs, on streak to break record. Strike ensued following the all star break. Got to see Ripken Jr. though.
4. 2008 Devil Rays - Twins. Aforementioned game.

3 comments:

bryan said...

Couple of things ...

They're not the Devil Rays anymore. Dropping the Devil apparently made them good.

The Twins finished last in the AL West in 1990. They sucked a LOT.

The strike was in 1994. Griffey finished with 49 homers in 1996.

It's Ryne Sandberg.

As you were.

Matthew Pavlovich said...

Thanks you for you knowledge. My dates were in the "ballpark". The Griffey game was 1994, as that was the year that I started hating baseball, forever.

Did not know that about the Rays. We had four tickets to the game last night, but couldn't get a sitter for my little cousin Colin.

Anonymous said...

Wow - I come to visit your blog to find that Colin and I didn't even make the cut for the FL story...geeze! I think you left SC today and hope you are traveling safely!

It was great to see you!
Jenna