Friday, January 23, 2009

What I do on my days off




As the above/below pictures would indicate, I am indeed back on the bike. I have a ride that I do call McGowen Creek road in the Mohawk/coburg hills area. McGowen Creek road is a great road with tones of elevation, and a bit of steepness as well. Their are a couple finger extentions that come off of the road. One of which, Rd 16-2-29 which between 13-19 % grade and an additional 5 miles. I effectively call this road the many things but none of them are good. McGowen Creek to Mt Tom road is ~12 mile ( I though it was 8 before but it ends up switching to gravel at the 8-9 mile point) and Crests out at ~3000 ft. Its gradient is only 5-10%, only. Here are a couple of pictures of the road, the good Doctor would be proud of all the tarmac/gravel climbing I have been doing.

1 comment:

the mostly reverend said...

suggestion: when weather conditions force you to ride inside, perhaps your neighbors one-floor down might appreaciate a little gretsch serenading. if you were to begin playing it loud, as gov't mule ALWAYS recommends, then the drone of your trainer would seem like sweet music to their sensitive ears.

that, or take a polka appreciation course.