Thursday, June 19, 2008

Elkhart take two

Prior to the vegas trip, I raced the elkhart tt series.

I showed up, got the rig set up on the trainer, and then realized that I did not have any peddles on my bike. I ordered two sets of shimano peddles at the beginning of the season, but only one came.

As luck would have it, I talked to Donny, who informed me that Maria used those peddles. He said she would be happy to help out, following her TT.

Got the peddles dialed in with the help of Donny and Maria at 7:26. Start time 7:40. This did not leave much time to error. Marginal warm up, marginal time. 16:14:17. The exact same time as last month.

Kim pointed out, that in fact, I got slower. You see, last month I dropped my chain, this month I did not. Thanks Rev.

A hand full of people beat me, but I somehow managed second in the 1,2,3 field. Slow time across the board.

And as a consolation prize, I am leading in the 1,2,3 series. Ah consistency.

Read about the race here Elkhart TT

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Sorry to hear about the pre race technical issues and disappointing results. I have faith that you have a 15:xx in you and it will come by the end of the series. I can offer you this as a race that you can A) come visit me, B) kick some butt, C) win, and D) maybe also have some fun

http://www.wicycling.org/WisconsinCup/raceflyers08/whitewater%20Race%20Days.pdf

Hope that all went well with moving stuff out of the apartment!

For what its worth:

peddle [ˈpedl] verb
to go from place to place or house to house selling (small objects)
Example: Gypsies often peddle (goods) from door to door.

pedal [ˈpedl] noun
a lever worked by the foot, as on a bicycle, piano, organ etc
Example: the brake pedal in a car