Sunday, July 29, 2007

Dave Babcock Stage Race - TT

Last night, I recieved a "text" that I had won the time trial at the omaha race weekend... by one second

Here is how it went down...
I was warming up at mount michael high school on my trainer. With the combination of 100 percent humidity, and 90 degree heat, I decided to forgo my typical hour TT warmup and do short thirty second efforts with one minute recovery. Things were feeling good until I got to the starthouse. The day immediately turned to bullshit when the rain started. I guess I counted on Ian Gray's luck too much to trump the rain.

Following a brief minute of pointing at the sky and cursing the cycling gods in bain, I was off. Things went as planned, I powered my way up the rollers and manuvered around the corners appropiately, but I wasn't catching aneyone. Fifteen minutes. Still not a soul. And the rain continued. Rubber down was the only thing on my mind around the last corner. Success. The last corner was two miles from the finish, and I tried to tell my body that I needed an all out effort into the finish. It, did not listen. Instead I could be seen attempting to "will" my pedals downward like the two time TDF time trial winner and now famous doper, sergi honchar (Astana). Finishing time 20:53

3 comments:

bryan said...

you there ... nice job.

the mostly reverend said...

what type of testosterone gel do YOU use, matt?

Anonymous said...

The Category 5 time trial? Nice work.