Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Children revisited



Addoring reader(s),

There are actually two instances when I like children. Below is one anicdotale tale.

I was spectating at a mountain bike race last month.
The heat was on and the climate was "sticky" so I decided to poach
shelter from some random race spectating family.
About half way through the Sport(a category of racing between sessioned veterians and beginners)
race, I decided to entice the athletes to pop-a-wheelie.
Some racers played along in jest and other sneered in disgust.
How can we have our cake (race) and eat(have fun) it too?
Later, A nearby child started in the banter.
"Pop-a-wheelie", she exclaimed. Like wheelies were a new boardgame she had discovered.
When one of the athletes did not comply with her wishes,
she leered "Come on. Pop-a-wheelie. you arn't going to win. Just Pop-us-a-wheelie."

And that my friend(s), is one thing I appreciated about children. They remind adults that sometimes, we don't win. And yes that is OK. And sometimes we should stop being so serious.

Any guesses in which other scenario I like to see children?

1 comment:

the mostly reverend said...

on television, when you control the remote?